Tuesday 4 September 2007

In search of the perfect latte... in Brockley

Good coffee and Kiwis go together like the English and their tea. And when you visit one of those precious cafes that understands that coffee is a taste not a colour and that heating milk is an art not a method of sterilisation, you're guaranteed to hear a good share of 'New Zullinnnd' accents asking for that Flat White with those flat vowels.

Having spent the past few weeks around home and unable to get my daily Latte fix from the Monmouth Coffee Company in London Bridge, I decided to Shop Local, and in the interests of withdrawal headaches and Brockley's property prices have subjected myself to a scientific experiment (as most Kiwis do) in which I sample a latte from every Brockley establishment, rating it according to a series of factors. The results are to follow...

2 comments:

Brockley Nick said...

Hi

As a half-kiwi living in Brockley, I await your verdict with interest.

I will link to your results on http://brockleycentral.blogspot.com

Cheers

Nick

LZ said...

Thanks Nick. Should have the final results up this weekend. Progress has been slighly hampered by my emerging lactose intolerance, and a nasty encouter with a toothpick in my BLT at Jam Circus affecting my typing finger. Still, in the name of science, my work must go on...